The Department of Defense is requesting volunteers to test its final-stage COVID-19 vaccine currently in development, Stars and Stripes reports.
Those who qualify are Military Health System beneficiaries – service members, their families and retirees. Potential participants can submit a survey at www.coronaviruspreventionnetwork.org and entering a code corresponding to one of the five military locations.
The facilities and their survey codes are:
- Naval Medical Center San Diego in California (Code: NMSD)
- Joint Base San Antonio Brooke Army Medical Center in Texas (Code: BAMC)
- Wilford Hall Ambulatory Surgical Center in Texas (Code: WHASC)
- Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Maryland (Code: WRMC)
- Fort Belvoir Community Hospital in Virginia (Code FBCH)
“Now that vaccines have passed the first phases of testing for safety, dosing and response, we are ready to move into the next phase where volunteers are needed to join large clinical studies,” said Tom McCaffery, the assistant secretary of defense for health affairs in a statement.
“We are excited to have several sites identified to support the next steps in the vaccine development process.”
Photo by MICHAEL WALTERS/U.S. ARMY